Blue Banyan Solar Success
We especially understand the complexities of the solar distribution and installation industries, residential and commercial. Our expertise ranges from variations in financing documentation, rebates and milestone payments, to the challenges of customer acquisition and design/bid, to the impact on project profitability of bad weather, uncounted adders, and sudden changes in inventory availability.
Blue Banyan has developed Solar Success, a NetSuite application optimized for residential and commercial solar installers. With the rapid decline in hardware costs over the last decade, reducing soft costs – typically now two thirds of installation costs - through organizational efficiency has become the most difficult and pressing challenge for solar installers.
Source: US Department of Energy
Blue Banyan Solar Success provides:
- A single data source across company operations
- Customized integration of Accounting, Project Management, CRM/Sales, and Design/Bid functions
- Real-time insight into project status, costs, profitability
- Real-time inventory availability, pricing, purchasing
- Project Milestones trigger accounting events
- Synchronisation of project BOM and Adders on sales order
- Project-specific document management with revisions
- Solar-specific custom KPIs, dashboards, alerts
Solar clients include BayWa r.e., Solar Universe, Sunpoint Energy among others.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Blue Banyan Solar Success help solar Installers?
Blue Banyan Solar Success is designed to meet the specific challenges at the core of a solar installer business, with the goal of enabling the efficiencies necessary to reduce soft costs. All aspects of the business—including sales pipeline management, CRM, accounting, purchasing, installation project management (including project costing and profitability), inventory management, customer invoicing, universal financier connectivity, and business intelligence—all share data from a single source. The system provides end-to-end visibility on cash flow, profitability, acquisition costs, project summaries and alerts, and other functions that are keys to a solar installer’s success.
What are the top 4 benefits of Solar Success?
- Solar-specific project templates for storing documents, tracking milestones, and interacting with financiers.
- Integration with suppliers, with real-time availability and pricing information.
- Unified end-to-end solutions for purchasing and inventory, with all transactions tied to a specific project.
- Accounting, CRM, Project Management and Design/Bid functionality are all integrated to ensure that the cross-impacts of activities by every department are immediately and directly visible.
How will Solar Success improve my company’s profitability/productivity/ROI?
Having a unified system that ties your accounting system to your supply chain, project management, CRM, marketing, and fulfillment systems allows you to see your cash flow and measure efficiencies across multiple areas. The solution will alert you to specific areas of deviation from plan so that you can then zero in on problem areas or opportunities to maximize revenues.
How long does it take to implement Solar Success?
Typical implementations take about 3-4 months, depending on what tools the client is already using, and how extensive and complex data import from the existing system may be. Multi-phased approaches are available to solve the most pressing needs (usually connecting project milestones to accounting events), followed by full integration of CRM and other applications.
How often will Solar Success be upgraded, and what are the costs/benefits?
Solar Success will be updated twice a year, in line with NetSuite system updates. There is no additional cost to updates; clients automatically get the updates, benefiting from new product features, including on-going updates to solar financier project templates, keeping you aligned with the latest changes with minimal effort. A benefit to partners integrated with Solar Success, is that Solar Success customers are effectively "subscribers" to partner updates, without having to do anything.